Improve your levels of political awareness and address the negative aspects of organisational politics.
Some years ago a chap suggested that ‘man is a political animal’ – the chap was Aristotle! If he was right, (or even partly right), then every organisation is political. However, the leaders of some organisations insist that “we don’t have politics here”. Wow!
Q: How much time and energy is spent day-to-day managing, dealing with, responding to negative organisational politics?
A: Lots – rumour, gossip, jockeying for resources, trying to get noticed, avoiding blame, pointing the finger, poor relationships, avoiding issues, favouritism, inconsistency, attitude……………….
The (normally) one day political intelligence workshop will absolutely improve your levels of political awareness and will address the negative aspects of organisational politics.
The objectives and benefits of the workshop are:
- Really understand what is and isn’t organisational politics
- Determine how political your working environment is
- Follow the 6 Stage process to becoming more politically positive
- Learn about and how to quickly recognise the 4 different types of political animals that exist
- Looking out for and recognising political behaviours
- How to construct appropriate and productive responses
- Practice real life political challenges and dilemmas
- Create more productive and effective working relationships
- How to manage difficult political colleagues
- Reduce frustration, anxiety and stress
- Work productively with people you don’t like
- Get things done in your organisation in spite of the ‘politics’
- Not becoming a ‘victim’
The workshop includes the Political Intelligence Profile and participants will each receive the Management Pocketbook – Workplace Politics by David Bancfroft-Turner.